The blogosphere world has never interested me. I have always had this perception that in the blogging world, there is too much out there and it is way too difficult to sift through the bad to locate the good. My blog is actually the prime example of what I don’t want to read. The interpretation for me has always been people’s opinions on topics I really do not care about. I know I know, this sounds harsh, but like I said, this has always been my perception when it comes to blogging.
That’s why I was surprised when I started to read about the blogs on the New York Times website. It was an instant way to read about good things, without having to sift through bad. It was like a Fromer’s travel book, but consisted with so much more than travel. These kinds of blogs are the ones I can relate to and have interest in reading. Though they still are people’s opinions and I may not always agree with a restaurant they like or a TV show they hate, I interpreted these blogs like reviews or opinion pieces you would find in a magazine.
I reviewed many of the blog categories and three of them I really enjoyed looking over were, Globespotters, TV Decoder and Dot Earth.
Globespotters was fun as it was about cities these authors live in or visit. They write on history, museums, food and even the odd that appears in these places. Being a traveler, it is always fun to look at what other people have seen and done. It is a good place to look for something different.
TV decoder was interesting as it pertains to the media and advertising world. It had entries about what was worth watching on TV in a nut shell. If you went a week without any TV entertainment, this could be a good place to check in and see what was missed. I was also drawn to this blog because of the advertising aspect. It had links to articles about TV advertising and some major changes taking place in advertising on TV. It’s nice that these blogs have links to where this information is coming from as it is no longer just opinion, but fact as well.
Finally Dot Earth. Last entry I mentioned that one of the topics that is not reported enough in the news though it is a big deal, is the issue of Global Warming. There are articles in Newspapers, but they tend to be pushed to the back, when it should be in the front. This blog had a lot of information regarding climate change and links to find more about the articles that are being discussed. Being someone who wants to learn about this topic more in depth, this was a good blog to find.
So I guess that means that the blogosphere is not all bad, you just have to know where to look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment